With such a wide choice of crystals and minerals available to us these days it can sometimes become quite overwhelming when we try to choose which ones are right for us. As crystals, and us, are made up of energy and are interconnected they normally choose you as much as you would choose them! Each crystal will end up with you for a reason, whether you have chosen it yourself or have been given it as a gift. The energy from the crystal will be what you need at the time of choosing, so it may not be one that stays with you forever, (they have a habit of disappearing or being given away when they have done their work with you. They may also break if they have taken on too much negative energy. This is why crystals need cleansing).
Why choose a crystal?
Here are just a few reasons why we might choose crystals other than for healing purposes:
- For remembering dreams
- Create a harmonious atmosphere in your surroundings
- Protection, from others negative energy fields, from computers etc.. and in the home against unwelcome intruders
- For help with focus, to remember and for exams etc.
- To prevent travel sickness, keeping calm in the car, to help find your way (& parking spots!)
- Plants love crystals to help them grow and get rid of pests
- Confidence booster
- Creativity, whether music, art or in the kitchen
- As an agony aunt, tell it all your troubles (but do remember to cleanse it well afterwards)
There are endless uses of crystals but always remember to use them only for the Highest Good of all concerned.
So, how do we choose?
If you are trying to choose a crystal for a specific reason, then focus on that reason and allow your intuition to choose the right crystals.
- The ‘must have’ crystal – this is when a crystal categorically picks you. You simply must have it for whatever reason! When you get it home, sit with it, meditate with it and find out why it picked you. If you don’t get an answer straight away, don’t worry, try asking again at a later date. It may not even be for you, especially true if you are a healer as it may be for a client that is about to come your way
- Visually – this is probably how most of us choose to start with. It’s when a crystal takes your eye, it looks right and maybe has that special sparkle.
- Sensing – this is when you just ‘know’ that a crystal is right.
- Hearing – you may hear the name of the crystal you need or you might be lucky enough to hear a sound that the crystal makes and again know that this is the right one.
- Taste and smell – it is less likely that you will pick a crystal by sense of taste or smell, but if these senses are strong within you as an individual it may be that you get a taste in your mouth or a certain smell when you are choosing.
- Touch – this will be when the crystal feels right to touch. It feels comfortable and you may feel tingling, heat or some other sensation when holding it.
- Dowse for it – if you know how to use a dowsing pendulum, then you could dowse for it.
Choosing crystals is mainly about using your intuition and using your six senses as an extension of that intuition. Remember that crystals will choose you as much as you choose them! Enjoy them!
©Mystic Mouse 2003